Not sure where to start? Watch this short video…
Mediumship: Intuitive, Psychic, Mediumship Development
RELATED DOWNLOADS: Academic Resource Guide
RELATED LINKS: Mediumship Development, Upcoming Classes, Summer Series Workshop, Mediumship Development Class, Learning Path Chart, Church Services
DESCRIPTIONS OF REQUIRED CLASSES
- Church Business: Instruction on procedures and duties of church management. How to start, organize, and promote the Spiritualist Church. Basic responsibilities and functions of the church.
- Ministerial Ethics & Counseling: Explore ethical issues you may face in your ministry and ethical guidance for these issues.
- Parliamentary Procedure: Learn how to properly conduct a board meeting, a membership meeting or convention, and follow the Constitution of the church or organization, based on Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised
- Preparation for Ministry II*: Extended insights into ministerial expectations and duties.*Prerequisite: Preparation for the Ministry I
- Sacred Writings I: A study of the sacred writings from various religions and religious leaders throughout the centuries.
- Sacred Writings II*: A continued and in-depth study of the writings from various religions and religious leaders.*Prerequisite: Sacred Writings I
- Sermon & Lecture Preparation II*: Extended development of the content and delivery of a sermon.*Prerequisite: Sermon & Lecture Preparation I
- Spiritual Healing Ethics: Ethical issues faced by the Spiritual Healer. A standard of conduct upon which any healer may safely base a life of healing service.
- IAOS member in good standing for one (1) year.
- 40 Credits (10 Core classes, 10 Medium Missionary classes, 10 Associate Minister classes, 8 Required classes, 2 Elective classes).
- Pass a written comprehensive exam covering current Ordination classes with a score of 80% or more and complete an oral demonstration.
- Development Classes: Four (4) classes with one (1) certified staff development class teacher during one (1) week long seminary before your certification. These four (4) classes will be the student’s choice of either Mediumship development or Trance development.
- Requirement Alternative: Regularly attend classes with a certified staff development class teacher. Signature of teacher will be required.
- Student Services: One (1) Chairperson during a week long seminary.
- Public Worship Services (Sermon & Clairvoyance): Demonstration at the same service. Ten (10) public worship services at a minimum of three (3) different churches. Letter from the church served stating date, work performed, signed by presiding Minister or board member.
- Community Service: 40 hours of community service with up to 15 hours at Camp Chesterfield.
- At least one (1) full year of study after Associate Minister Certification.
ATTENTION STUDENTS PLANNING TO TEST: Students planning to test for any level of certification or Ordination must advise the Dean of Education of their Intent to Test no later than the pre-registration date identified for each Seminary. Application to test must be completed and testing fee paid during walk-in registration.