DESCRIPTIONS OF MEDIUMSHIP PROGRAM 200 LEVEL CLASSES
(Classes available for everyone; Completion of all classes Required for Certification)
|Chakras:||The force centers essential to life; connections, definitions, and factors explained in relation to spiritual growth.|
|Introduction to the Séance Room:||Learn the specifics of a séance such as rules and etiquette, what to expect, how natural law applies, healing and spirit manifestations. Students will experience an actual séance.|
|Introduction to Trance Mediumship:||Learn how the physical body is used by an outside intelligence or a spirit form (doctor, guide or loved one) presenting ideas, truth, knowledge and blessings. Learn theory and practice.|
|Laws of Mediumship:||A study of the laws governing mental and physical mediumship. Subjects covered will be clairvoyance, trance, direct voice, apports, spirit card writing and healing.|
|Mediumship Ethics:||This class will explore some of the ethical issues the medium may encounter in giving messages and readings in the practice of mediumship.|
|Natural Law II*||Continued study of natural laws of the universe and how to use them to balance our lives. *Prerequisite: Natural Law I.|
|Public Presentation of Mediumship:||Learn the acceptable methods of public and private clairvoyance and platform decorum.|
|Practical Aspects of Mediumship:||This is a very thorough class on the considerations, planning, preparation and challenges of doing private readings, clairvoyant circles, psychic fairs, etc. Attention to detail in preparing the environment, responsibility to clients will be explored.|
|Symbols I:||The student will learn a basic foundation in symbology including the interpretation of universal, conventional and personal symbols and their guidance in our lives.|
|Symbols II*:||A continued in-depth study of the use of symbols. *Prerequisite: Symbols I.|
|Worship Service Practicum:||This class incorporates the practical aspects and duties involved in the Spiritualists worship service, including proper platform decorum in chairing, lecture/sermon, presentation, message work, and proper etiquette in ushering.|
|Four Mediumship Elective Classes||Elective Classes|
If you are trying to find WHEN specific classes are being offered, Click Here.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
(information for those interested in becoming Certified)
- Indiana Association of Spiritualists (IAOS) member in good standing for two (2) years.
- Minimum of two (2) years on-going study at Chesterfield Spiritualist Seminary and School of Metaphysics.
- 25 Credits (10 Spiritual Seeker classes, 15 Medimship classes).
- Pass a written comprehensive exam covering current Medium Missionary classes with a score of 80% or more and successfully complete an oral demonstration of evidential mediumship with testing committee.
- Development Classes : Twelve (12) classes with a certified staff mediumship or trance development class teacher over a period of three (3) week-long seminaries. Eight (8) classes will be Mediumship development; the student may choose either Mediumship development or Trance development for the remaining four(4) classes. Four (4) classes per seminary with one (1) staff teacher per seminary.
- Development Class Alternative: Regularly attend development classes with a certified mediumship staff mediumship development class teacher. Signature of teacher required.
- Student Services: Three (3) clairvoyant demonstrations during three different Seminary Weeks or Sunday student services.
REQUIREMENTS (for those testing for Certification)
ATTENTION STUDENTS PLANNING TO TEST FOR CERTIFICATION: All academic requirements must be completed before Intent to Test is submitted. Students planning to test for any level of certification or Ordination must advise the Dean of Education of their Intent to Test no later than one month prior to the Seminary in which the student plans to test. Application to test must be completed and testing fee paid during walk-in registration.