Not sure where to start? Watch this short video…
Mediumship: Intuitive, Psychic, Mediumship Development
RELATED DOWNLOADS: Academic Resource Guide
RELATED LINKS: Mediumship Development, Upcoming Classes, Summer Series Workshops, Mediumship Development Class, Learning Path Chart, Church Services
Also See: Mediumship Development—Ordination
DESCRIPTIONS OF REQUIRED CLASSES
- Basic Unity of Religions: A study of likenesses and differences in different religious beliefs.
- Counseling III*: Exploring addictions, the causes, types, and strategies and the resources to help clients.*Prerequisite: Counseling II
- Death & Dying: Learn about caring for the dying person and his/her family and about the death experience, ritual and emotional issues.
- Natural Law II*: Continued study of natural laws of the universe and how to use them to balance our lives.*Prerequisite: Natural Law I
- Preparation for Ministry I: Responsibilities of the minister as speaker, counselor, leader, and friend are explained.
- Sermon & Lecture Preparation I: Learn the structuring of a lecture or sermon and the difference between the two; topic selection; techniques of delivery.
- Spiritual Healing I: Methods, techniques, and philosophy of spiritual healing.
- Spiritualism and the Study of the New Testament: Focusing on specific passages which refer to “Spiritualism” (i.e. Physical phenomena and Mediumship), this course gives the students the tools to independently study the New Testament while offering an overview of the Gospels, Jesus, the writings of Paul, and other related material such as the history, structure, translations and versions found in the New Testament of the Bible.
- Spiritualism and the Study of the Old Testament: Focusing on specific passages which refer to “Spiritualism” (i.e. Physical phenomena and Mediumship), this course gives the students the tools to independently study the Old Testament while offering an overview of the Torah, prophets and other related material such as the history, structure, translations and versions found in the Old Testament of the Bible.
- Symbols II*: A continued in-depth study of the use of symbols.*Prerequisite: Symbols I
ASSOCIATE MINISTER CERTIFICATION
- IAOS member in good standing for one (1) year.
- 30 Credits (10 Core classes, 10 Medium Missionary classes, 10 required classes).
- Pass a written comprehensive exam covering current Associate Minister classes with a score of 80% or more and successfully complete an oral demonstration.
- Development Classes: Four (4) classes with one (1) certified staff mediumship or trance development class teacher during one (1) week long seminary before student’s certification. These four(4) classes will be the student’s choice of either Mediumship development or Trance development.
- Requirement Alternative: Regularly attend classes with a certified staff mediumship or trance development class teacher. Signature of teacher will be required.
- Student Services: One (1) sermon during a week long seminary.
- Public Worship Services (Sermon & Clairvoyance): Demonstration at the same service. Six (6) public worship services at a minimum of three (3) different churches. Letter from the church served stating date, work performed, and signed by presiding Minister or board member.
- Community Service: 30 hours of community service with up to 10 hours at Camp Chesterfield. Community service must be approved by the Dean prior to performing the service.
- At least one (1) full year of study after Medium Missionary certification.
ATTENTION STUDENTS PLANNING TO TEST: Students planning to test for any level of certification or Ordination must advise the Dean of Education of their Intent to Test no later than the pre-registration date identified for each Seminary. Application to test must be completed and testing fee paid during walk-in registration.